Search

Custom Search

How to weave basket 4 (Tips)

by - 8:53 AM
Woven basket from different recycling or reusing Materials such as old paper, driking straw, ribbon, plastic, coffee bags  etc. you can cut them into strips for weaving the basket.



 
You can use many different reused materials as you can find.

Weaving different size as you prefer.
 
 Choose or design your own colour.

 Use more strips for bigger bottom and longer strips for higher basket.
However, many strips look very untidy and easy to unravel during weaving
this can confuse and hard to describe the picture
so I decide to weave a smller for my tutorial.
 
I weave this basket from rather or...too thin papers   :(

 Harder or thicker material such as coconut leaves 
and also plastic strips is suitable to weave the basket   

Plastic strip is so hard !
You should use a tool or plier to pull the strips and tighten the weave.
Do not allow gaps between crossing.


Inside the woven basket.

I think some clothes pins or paper clips can be helpful.
This will prevent  efforts from unraveling as you continue weaving .
When the walls of the basket are high the basket will be holding itsself together well.

 

As I told I was interesed in this woven basket style and try to weave
however this tutorial maybe not the right method.
If you have some advice or the right tutorial from the expert 
please sharing.

You're welcome to use my content if you link back and credit
 D . I . Y . Done ! It 's Yours !: as the source. Thanks! 


D .   I .   Y .  Done ! It 's Yours !  HOW TO CRAFTS RECLYCLE REUSE REDUCE <br>BOTTLE PLALSTIC MILK CARTON PAPER ROLL etc.

You May Also Like

2 comment

Total Pageviews

Pageviews

Flag Counter

My Channal





Translate